Application for development cooperation projects
On this page, you can find information on how German development cooperation organisations can participate in the RIE funding programme. We are currently looking for BMZ-funded projects for the implementation of RIEs. Participation is open for German development cooperation organisations (governmental implementing organisations, church and civil society organisations, and foundations that implement development cooperation interventions and are based in Germany). We welcome suggestions from anyone who knows of or implements projects that are suitable for RIE.
Why should I conduct an RIE in my development cooperation project?
Through RIE, you can:
- show that your project has a demonstrable impact.
- find out which interventions are most effective.
- plan how the project can be implemented even more effectively in the future.
- decide which projects should be continued and scaled up.
As a development organisation, there are two ways in which you can participate in the funding programme:
- Submit a project description (see below) of your development cooperation project by 21 August 2022. Based on this project description, we support matchmaking with scientists. Interested scientists will develop a suitable evaluation design together with the development cooperation project by 30 November 2022.
- Match independently with a scientific institution and jointly submit a funding application (more information on the funding application can be found here). The deadline for submitting final funding applications is expected to be 30 November 2022.
The deadline for submission of project descriptions is 21 August 2022. Please send the completed project description to RIE-fund@DEval.org.
How can I decide whether my project is suitable for RIE?
DEval provides information here on how project managers can decide independently whether their project is suitable for conducting an RIE.
The checklist here will assist you in deciding whether your project can be evaluated through an RIE.
The DEval RIE team also advises project managers and invites them to a capacity building workshop to be held in early August 2022. This workshop will also provide opportunities for individual consultations where RIE experts will discuss and assess the feasibility of an RIE of your project with you.
To register for a consultation and the capacity building workshop:
Please send an informal email to RIE-fund[at]DEval.org with the subject “RIE Consultation” or “Capacity building workshop”. Please include your contact information.
What happens to the submitted project descriptions?
The submitted project descriptions form the basis for the RIE funding programme and will be published here: Overview of development cooperation projects eligible for RIE.
DEval reviews all the project descriptions before they are published and contacts the project managers if any information relevant to the evaluation is missing.
What happens next?
Following a matchmaking process, the scientific institutions contact those responsible for the development cooperation projects. They clarify any open questions and establish whether cooperating within an RIE research project would be promising for both sides.
The scientific institutions can then apply for funding under the RIE funding programme, including a letter of support from the respective development cooperation project.